Returning to your Holiday home safely after lockdown
If you’ve been unable to use your holiday home for some time then there are some simple steps you should undertake to ensure the safety and smooth running of your holiday time on your return.
We flush through the park infrastructure on a regular basis so the chance of bacteria forming is low, however there may be some water left in the pipe work that has a built bus route and we would therefore suggest you carry out the following steps:-
- Firstly, open all windows in your holiday home to ensure good ventilation
- Turn on all taps both hot and cold and allowed them to run for a minimum of two minutes
- Close toilet seats and flush all toilets twice
- Cover your shower head with a plastic bag, cut the corner of the bag like so and run the shower for two minutes. The use of the plastic bag stops any unnecessary spray and we also recommend that you descale your shower head
- Run your washing machine and dishwasher through a full cycle prior to using them
- Don’t forget to turn on any external taps are running for a minimum of two minutes remembering to remove any hose pipes first
- So what’s next …. we know you’ll be keen to get everything up and running, but try to avoid turning on a number of electrical items in close succession as this can overload the power and cause it to trip
- Descale your kettle and check the dates on any items in your freezer
- It’s also important to check your fire and carbon monoxide alarms as batteries may need replacing
- Your gas may need purging due to air locks to do this simply turn on your hob and once it’s late you will know that the gas is flowing correctly – if you have any problems please contact your part reception for assistance
- If you require the use of gas bottles, then please check how much gas you have left and leave plenty of time for delivery when you need a new one
- Are your gas and electric test up to date? All gas and electrical equipment should be checked in accordance with health and safety legislation at park guidelines
- Gas should be checked yearly and electrical equipment checked every three years. If you let your holiday home then these should both be checked yearly, and these tests can be arranged by your par.
We hope you found this video useful and if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch with your park manager who will be happy to help.
With grateful thanks to Park Holidays – https://www.parkholidays.com/ for sharing to ensure the safety of all the industry’s customers as they return from lockdown.